BULGARIAN PROPERTIES: The Bulgarian Property Market in 2009 - Latest Figures, Overview and Future Trends
The latest analysis of BULGARIAN PROPERTIES of the Bulgarian real estate market shows that November 2009 was much more dynamic than expected.
The total number of deals BULGARIAN PROPERTIES realized in the country is only 15% less compared to October. This result differs from previous years when the number of new deals in October was always much higher compared to November.
According to BULGARIAN PROPERTIES the most important events on the market in 2009 – a year after the beginning of the crisis, are as follows:
• 40% decrease in the number of concluded deals in the country for the period January-November 2009 compared to the same period in 2008;
• 32% decrease in the average price of concluded deals with residential properties in Sofia in 2009 until the end of November compared to 2008 (65,400 Euro in 2009 compared to 96,200 Euro in 2008);
• 13% decrease in the rental levels of residential properties in Sofia (for the period January-November 2009 compared to the same period in 2008) and retention of the rental levels in Varna;
• 30% decrease in the rental prices of commercial properties (offices and shops) in Sofia and Varna;
• Over 50% decrease in the prices of Bansko apartments and 30% decrease in the prices of Sunny Beach apartments;
• 35% decrease in the average price of rural properties around the country for the period January-November 2009 compared to the same period in 2008.
• An increasing number of offers with discounted prices.
According to the company in 2010 the property market will continue to follow directly the development of the country’s economy so when the economy starts coming out of the crisis the real estate market will start recovering as well.
If you wish to read the full analysis and the 2010 forecasts, please click here.
Selection of Sofia Apartments at Prices under 800 EUR per sq.m.
View our BEST BARGAIN properties
View our DISCOUNTED PROPERTIES
Read more news
Bulgaria’s winter resort of Bansko will host three women’s alpine skiing World Cup races on January 24-26, after being awarded the downhill race from last month’s cancelled Val d’Isère event.
Bansko was initially scheduled to hold a downhill race on January 25, followed by a super-giant slalom on January 26.
The additional downhill race will be held on January 24, rep...
Bulgaria is the best country in the Balkans to live and work abroad, and it is almost in the top ten in the world. The country is ranked 11th and Greece is at the bottom.
The Expat City Ranking is based on the annual Expat Insider survey by InterNations. For the survey, more than 20,000 expatriates representing 178 nationalities and living in 187 countries or territories provided in...
The year started with an active real estate market and we have already completed our first deals for 2020 and for the new decade.
Let's see who are the first winners in our ranking this year!
We wish you success in the new year!
Buying or selling, you can count on us in 2020!
At a festive ceremony in Sofia during the company Christmas party BULGARIAN PROPERTIES presented its XII Annual Awards for best results and special contribution to the company development in 2019.
Introducing the 2019 Winners!
HIGHEST NUMBER OF SALES AND SIGNIFICANT GROWTH
The winners in this category are: