Taxation in Bulgaria
Corporate Income Tax Rate - 10%
• Special purpose investment companies - 0%
• Collective investment schemes, admitted to public offering in Bulgaria, and licensed investment companies of the closed-end type - 0%
Capital Gains Tax Rate - 10%
• Capital gains derived from sale of shares through the Bulgarian Stock market or a regulated market in an EU/EEA member state - 0%
Debt:equity ratio - 3:1
Tax loss carry-forward - 5 years
Dividends - 5%
• Dividends paid to legal entities which are tax residents in an EU/EEA member state - 0%
Interest and Royalties - 10%
• As of 1 Jan 2011 interest and royalties paid to associated companies* that are tax residents in an EU member state - 5%
• Interest and Royalties paid to associated parties before 31 Dec 2010 - 10%
• Interest and Royalties paid to associated parties after 31 Dec 2014 - 0%
Transfer Pricing Documentation requirements:
• In 2010, the NRA issued TP Guidelines (based on the OECD TP Guidelines)
General rate - 20%
Reduced rate - 9% (for hotel accommodation)
Refund period - 2 months under certain conditions
Personal Income Tax- 10% (flat rate taxation)
Mandatory Social Security Contributions
Employer: - 17.4%
Employee: - 12.9%
Maximum monthly taxable base - BGN 2,000.
Real estate annual tax - 0.01%- 0.45%
Transfer tax - 0.1%- 3.0%
• The rate is set by each municipality according to the location of the real estate. The taxable base can be the market price, specifically determined tax value or the gross book value.
• No tax for agricultural land and forests.
Taxes on certain expenses (e.g. Social Security benefits), Vehicle tax, Donation tax, Inheritance tax.
*Associated parties – the case when a company has a minimum of 25% in the capital of another company or when a third company has a minimum of 25% both in the capital of the other two companies. This association has to be maintained for uninterrupted period of at least 2 years
For additional customized advice and comments, please send us your enquiry.
Read about tax conditions for property investors in Bulgaria
Copyright: 2011 Bulgarian Properties Ltd. All rights reserved. For further information or advice please contact us on tel.: +359 2 9 11 50 or e-mail: email@example.com. The use of this article by third parties is allowed only with proper quotations of the source www.BulgarianProperties.com and the Author of the article. The data in this material has been collected by the Author and Bulgarian Properties Ltd. and is presented for information purposes only. We have made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the data. However, Bulgarian Properties Ltd. cannot be held responsible for loss or damage as a result of decisions made based on the information presented in this article.
© Bulgarian Properties Ltd. 2011.
read more articles
Bulgarian Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova said on Saturday that 5.2 million foreign tourists visited Bulgaria in the first seven months of 2018, an increase of 7% compared with the first seven months of 2017. Angelkova said her ministry's goal of 10 million foreign tourists visiting Bulgaria in 2019 was "realistic".
In the first six months of 2018, Bulgaria's revenue from touris... read more
Those employed in the field of outsourcing of business services in Bulgaria as well as in the field of information technologies will reach 62 500 people by 2020. The sector remains one of the fastest growing for the past three decades. This is stated by one of the international companies in the business industry on the Bulgarian market.
"Bulgaria is among the leading IT outsourcing ... read more
Mount Rila is breathtaking! In the winter it displays the snow caps of its peaks. In the spring it looks perfectly rejuvenated in its lush garments, in the summer it gleams with the scorching bright sun and in the autumn fascinates the eye with diverse colorful sights.
One of the lurin... read more
All photos, texts, video clips, charts and banners on our website are property of our company or of our partners and are protected by the Copyright Act of the Republic of Bulgaria. Any unauthorized use of photos, texts, videos and other materials from our website by third parties will be subject to immediate claim on the part of the copyright owners. The information on our website is with information and advertising purposes. Alhtough we have made all efforts to provide accurate information, there may be some mistakes. For full and correct information is considered only the information received at the offices of Bulgarian Properties Ltd.