Taxation in Bulgaria
Corporate Income Tax Rate - 10%
• Special purpose investment companies - 0%
• Collective investment schemes, admitted to public offering in Bulgaria, and licensed investment companies of the closed-end type - 0%
Capital Gains Tax Rate - 10%
• Capital gains derived from sale of shares through the Bulgarian Stock market or a regulated market in an EU/EEA member state - 0%
Debt:equity ratio - 3:1
Tax loss carry-forward - 5 years
Dividends - 5%
• Dividends paid to legal entities which are tax residents in an EU/EEA member state - 0%
Interest and Royalties - 10%
• As of 1 Jan 2011 interest and royalties paid to associated companies* that are tax residents in an EU member state - 5%
• Interest and Royalties paid to associated parties before 31 Dec 2010 - 10%
• Interest and Royalties paid to associated parties after 31 Dec 2014 - 0%
Transfer Pricing Documentation requirements:
• In 2010, the NRA issued TP Guidelines (based on the OECD TP Guidelines)
General rate - 20%
Reduced rate - 9% (for hotel accommodation)
Refund period - 2 months under certain conditions
Personal Income Tax- 10% (flat rate taxation)
Mandatory Social Security Contributions
Employer: - 17.4%
Employee: - 12.9%
Maximum monthly taxable base - BGN 2,000.
Real estate annual tax - 0.01%- 0.45%
Transfer tax - 0.1%- 3.0%
• The rate is set by each municipality according to the location of the real estate. The taxable base can be the market price, specifically determined tax value or the gross book value.
• No tax for agricultural land and forests.
Taxes on certain expenses (e.g. Social Security benefits), Vehicle tax, Donation tax, Inheritance tax.
*Associated parties – the case when a company has a minimum of 25% in the capital of another company or when a third company has a minimum of 25% both in the capital of the other two companies. This association has to be maintained for uninterrupted period of at least 2 years
For additional customized advice and comments, please send us your enquiry.
Read about tax conditions for property investors in Bulgaria
Copyright: 2011 Bulgarian Properties Ltd. All rights reserved. For further information or advice please contact us on tel.: +359 2 9 11 50 or e-mail: email@example.com. The use of this article by third parties is allowed only with proper quotations of the source www.BulgarianProperties.com and the Author of the article. The data in this material has been collected by the Author and Bulgarian Properties Ltd. and is presented for information purposes only. We have made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the data. However, Bulgarian Properties Ltd. cannot be held responsible for loss or damage as a result of decisions made based on the information presented in this article.
© Bulgarian Properties Ltd. 2011.
read more articles
Polina Stoykova MRICS, Managing Director & Head of Research
After the best year for the property market in the last decade, 2018 starts more moderately with a more mature housing market in Sofia. Again, we see a growth in all indicators, but these growths are now much smoother.
Buyers continue to consider their purchases well, they look at as much properties as possible on the market and don’t buy at any price. This elasticity in demand has... read more
The 12th World Theatre in Sofia Festival has opened with a programme featuring an array of different plays from Germany, France, Italy, the Czech Republic, Russia and the UK.
The festival opened with Hakanaï – a visual journey into 3D space between imagination and reality. In Japanese hakanaï means temporary and fragile, evanescent and transient. The choreography unfolds inside a s... read more
There is nothing better than resting for a week without anything to worry about, except where to eat or where to swim, especially if everything is already paid.
The holiday week in resorts with all-inclusive offers is more affordable than ever, according to the TravelSupermarket compar... read more
All photos, texts, video clips, charts and banners on our website are property of our company or of our partners and are protected by the Copyright Act of the Republic of Bulgaria. Any unauthorized use of photos, texts, videos and other materials from our website by third parties will be subject to immediate claim on the part of the copyright owners. The information on our website is with information and advertising purposes. Alhtough we have made all efforts to provide accurate information, there may be some mistakes. For full and correct information is considered only the information received at the offices of Bulgarian Properties Ltd.