1. Use the crisis as best as possible. There will always be demand for residential properties in the bigger cities. Properties are always a safe bet for investors who do not want to take a risk. So do not hesitate whether buying a property during a crisis is worth it. Act now because there might not be such a good opportunity anytime soon.
2. Choose the right moment. Prices do not fall overnight. This is a process which usually takes a few months. Buy while prices are at their lowest. It is difficult to say when exactly prices hit the bottom so seek advice from your experienced real estate agent.
3. Assess your resources well. When prices drop you will feel richer with the money you have as you will find that now with the same amount of money you can buy a much bigger property. However, do not be overenthusiastic, assess your finances well. Don’t forget that owning a property means constant expenses for maintenance and taxes. Furthermore, optimize your currency transactions and get the best exchange rates. We recommend the services of Smart Currency Exchange.
4. Buy quality property. Don’t be tricked by the lower prices of some properties. Be careful what you buy. During a crisis it is the properties of the lowest quality and with worst location whose prices fall the fastest and the most. Spend more but choose the better quality.
5. Buy properties offered under their market price. During a crisis it is difficult to define the market price. Still, if you are persistent and have luck you might find properties offered for sale at a lower price compared to other similar properties. The reasons for selling a property cheaper can be different – for example, urgent need of money, looking for fast sale, underestimation of the market, etc. Try to identify such properties and if they are of good quality buy them, because this is the best possible investment.
6. Negotiate the best price for you. How to get the lowest possible price through negotiations with the seller?
Please register with your e-mail and you will get 5 more useful tips for buying a property during a crisis: