02.09.2011 Bulgarian Luxury Property Segment Is Turning Into a Preferred Investment Tool
Republica newspsper, vol. 321, 01.09.11, excerpt
At present there is a wider choice of luxury properties and clients can make use of the situation. Buyers can negotiate a better price. If up to now the client was looking for a luxury apartment now they see that sometimes they can buy a house for the same budget. The main buyers are still Bulgarians living and working in Bulgaria. However, the lower prices and the wide choice of elite real estate gradually expand the profile of potential buyers as there are also middle-class clients thinking of buying a luxury property, real estate agents comment.
Svetoslav Drumev, regional Director of elite real estate agency LUXIMOTI - subsidiary of BULGARIAN PROPERTIES, commented the prestige property market for Republica newspaper. He explicitly stated that there are people with savings spending them in a sensible manner. According to him more and more young Bulgarians – between the age of 30 and 45, with strong positions in the community, are the main buyers of luxurious real estate.
Read the interview with Svetoslav Drumev:
- Mr. Drumev, what is the situation on the Bulgarian luxury property market at the moment?
- The elite property segment was the real estate segment that was least influenced by the crisis. The truth is that in Bulgaria there are people with considerable savings and they spend them in a sensible manner. We are talking about truly high quality properties – in terms of location, infrastructure, environment, everything.
- Where can one find the most luxurious properties in Bulgaria?
- In the capital Sofia and in Varna, as well as around the bigger cities, but I can comment only about the capital Sofia.
- What kind of people look for luxury properties?
- Most are Bulgarians, young people between the age of 30 and 45 years, with strong positions in the community, with modern thinking. After all, we are also talking about a specific lifestyle here.
- What is the focus of the buyers at the moment?
- At the moment the focus is shifting to spacious apartments in new gated developments offering amenities like a gym, a swimming pool, a restaurant. The area of the apartments is about 250-300 sq.m. They are turning to such apartments because detached houses are quite expensive and not many people can afford them.
Browse through our elite properties in Sofia
View our LUXURY SELECTION
Read more news
The island of Saint Anastasia will welcome guests with folk rituals for health and fertility in the first edition of the "Bile Fest", a heraldic festival, announced Burgas Municipality.
More than 50 participants will take part in the event with herbs and healthy foods, curative extracts and ointments, and will show the authentic ways of preparing them.
The accompanyin... read more
Today, Sofia hosts the international meeting of development banks from the Balkans and Central and Eastern Europe.
The event is organized by the Bulgarian Development Bank.
The meeting is linked to the new investment program of the European Union - InvestEU. It is based on the strategic investment fund of the so-called Juncker Plan, reports pariteni.bg.
... read more
For the fifteenth consecutive year on 18 May Sofia will mark the European Museum Night.
More than 50 galleries and museums have prepared an interesting program including exhibitions, concerts, workshops, screenings and various art events dedicated to the event.
European Museum Night - Sofia 2019 is organized by the French Institute in Bulgar... read more
2018 was a successful year for Bulgarian aviation, characterized by consolidation of market positions and addition of production capacities on the other. This was reported by the chairman of the Association of Bulgarian Airlines Svetoslav Stanulov during the annual report of the association for the s... read more
All photos, texts, video clips, charts and banners on our website are property of our company or of our partners and are protected by the Copyright Act of the Republic of Bulgaria. Any unauthorized use of photos, texts, videos and other materials from our website by third parties will be subject to immediate claim on the part of the copyright owners. The information on our website is with information and advertising purposes. Alhtough we have made all efforts to provide accurate information, there may be some mistakes. For full and correct information is considered only the information received at the offices of Bulgarian Properties Ltd.