26.03.2019 Five Interesting Facts About Bansko - the Best Ski Resort in Bulgaria
In November last year, it was named the best budget destination for ski tourism by the British Travel and Financial Services Company, Post Office Travel Money.
In 2017, the British Daily Mirror set the Pirin town seventh in the ranking of the top ten best ski resorts in the world.
In 2016 Bansko was included into National Geographic’s list of the top ten destinations in the world for the winter season 2016/2017.
See five interesting facts about the city, nestled in the arms of the North Pirin Mountains:
1. Bansko is situated at 927 meters above sea level. The highest point of the ski center, however, is at 2560 m. It offers 75 km of ski runs for winter lovers. The longest of its 16 runs extends 16 km. Ski trails have different difficulty levels, with two of them marked as black (most difficult).
2. Besides entertainment in the ski center, tourists will discover in Bansko many historical landmarks. The city has over 130 architectural and historical monuments of culture. The most famous of them are the Holy Trinity Church, the Velyan House, the Nikola Vaptsarov House Museum and others.
3. Bansko is situated on the territory of Pirin National Park, which offers an incredible nature phenomenon to tourists not only during the winter, but also during the summer. Situated on Banderishka Polyana, the hottest season opens the longest water slide in Europe, stretching over 400 meters.
4. In the region of Bansko there are also mineral springs, which automatically transform the town into a spa destination. Most of the hotels have swimming pools and spa centers, and in combination with one of the most modern golf courses in Bulgaria and the annual jazz festival, as well as the numerous routes for mountain biking, Bansko is an excellent place to relax for different types of tourists.
5. And what you should definitely not overlook is the local cuisine. It is full of delicacies typical for this part of Bulgaria, such as the famous Banski Starec cold cut, Chomlek dish, Skewers Bansko style, Sache, Kapama and others.
In recent years, Bansko enjoys a great demand, where Bulgarians are the predominant buyers.
Here are also actual offers for properties for sale that would attract the attention of everyone looking for their holiday home:
Studios - their prices start at 10,000 Euro
One-bedroom apartments - prices from 15 000 Euro
Two-bedroom apartments - from 25 000 Euro
Read more news
Public transport in Sofia is getting greener in recent months. This is why the new YUTONG E12 electric buses, which run on the public transport lines in the capital, contribute to this.
Changing transport habits is a very slow process that requires new behavior, investing new infrastructure, investor.bg reported. YUTONG E12 buses run for 5 months now in Sofia.
These v... read more
Polina Stoykova MRICS, Executive Director of BULGARIAN PROPERTIES
BULGARIAN PROPERTIES takes care to keep you well informed and presents you regular market reports and statistics as part of the overall service for our clients. Whether you buy or sell property, you can rely on us!
It seems that 2019 will bring the long-awaited market equilibrium through a balance between supply and demand while maintaining stable property prices.... read more
For the fifteenth consecutive year on 18 May Sofia will mark the European Museum Night.
More than 50 galleries and museums have prepared an interesting program including exhibitions, concerts, workshops, screenings and various art events dedicated to the event.
European Museum Night - Sofia 2019 is organized by the French Institute in Bulgar... read more
The German carmaker Volkswagen relies on electromobility. By the end of this year, the production of "Volkswagen I.D." will begin.
As a result, the company will also build a new factory in Eastern Europe, and Bulgaria is also among the candidates, reports Deutsche Welle.
... read more
All photos, texts, video clips, charts and banners on our website are property of our company or of our partners and are protected by the Copyright Act of the Republic of Bulgaria. Any unauthorized use of photos, texts, videos and other materials from our website by third parties will be subject to immediate claim on the part of the copyright owners. The information on our website is with information and advertising purposes. Alhtough we have made all efforts to provide accurate information, there may be some mistakes. For full and correct information is considered only the information received at the offices of Bulgarian Properties Ltd.