25.02.2009 Real Estate – Possibilities in a Time of Crisis
Velimira Dimitrova, BULGARIAN PROPERTIES
The conference allowed the professionals in the branch, the financial experts, the representatives of the state and local authorities and the media to discuss the current economic situation in the country as well as the mechanisms for coming out of the crisis.
The participants in BalREAct were unanimous that the sector needs investment incentive policies, as well as improvement of the competitive power and the quality of the product. They also agreed that 2009 is the year of the property buyer.
Some of the main conclusions the participants made during the conference are the following:
• Buyers have become more demanding as now the key details for them are the location, the infrastructure, the amenities, the cleanness and the environment.
• The transparency when taking strategic decisions and the long-term strategy for the development of the real estate market are among the most important conditions for overcoming the current situation.
• At the moment the lending procedure is more complex as the banks require full transparency. The amount of the loan is reduced to about 70% of the property price as was its maximum term.
• The participants on the real estate market in Bulgaria are to sober down and there will be a natural selection which on its part will lead to a normalization of the market.
• The environment in the sector will make development companies invest in increasing the quality and introducing modern systems for the management of the building process and in the certification of the end product.
• Bulgaria is at the beginning of the crisis and if the professionals in the sector manage to analyze the good and bad anti-crisis measures which the other countries have undertaken then the crisis might not take such dimensions as in some other countries.
• After the difficult period is over the developing markets like Bulgaria will be among the most attractive investment destinations and will become a growth driver for a number of western companies as investment in real estate is easy to understand.
• According to experts in the sector now is the right moment to buy a home because buyers have a wide choice and can end up with a good deal.
• The participants in the sector expect that the market will become more active in the second half of the year.
View our hot offers
Copyright: 2009 Bulgarian Properties Ltd. All rights reserved. For further information or advice please contact us on tel: +359 2 9 11 50 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The use of this article by third parties is allowed only with proper quotations of the source www.BulgarianProperties.com and the Author of the article. The data in this material has been collected by the Author and Bulgarian Properties Ltd. and is presented for information purposes only. We have made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the data. However, Bulgarian Properties Ltd. cannot be held responsible for loss or damage as a result of decisions made based on this article.
© Bulgarian Properties Ltd. 2009.
IT'S a good time for Brits to book a cheap holiday as prices plunge in many popular and unexpected travel hot-spots, a nation-wide travel report has revealed.
The Bulgarian resort of Sunny Beach on the Black Sea Coast offers UK holidaymakers the best value for money, while mainland Spain continues to entice tourists with its beaches, culture and c... read more
Following a strategy for presence with our own offices in all major cities and resorts in Bulgaria, we are most pleased to announce that we have opened a new office in the coastal city of Burgas!
It is located in a modern office building in Lazur area with address:
5, Adam Mitskevitch Str., etrance B, fl. 2, office 2
Burgas Office on the map
Tel: +359 56... read more
Today, Sofia hosts the international meeting of development banks from the Balkans and Central and Eastern Europe.
The event is organized by the Bulgarian Development Bank.
The meeting is linked to the new investment program of the European Union - InvestEU. It is based on the strategic investment fund of the so-called Juncker Plan, reports pariteni.bg.
... read more
The summer months are edging ever closer and people across the world are getting ready to travel to a range of locations to enjoy some sunshine, a bit of culture and – perhaps most importantly – unwind away from the world of work.
Of course, Bulgaria has a lot to offer from a tourism perspective, but new research has revealed that one of its resorts, in particular, could prove to be... read more