NEWSLETTER

2008-10-22

24.10.2008 Property Demand in Sofia: Residential Properties in Southern Quarters Still Most Sought

Autumn traditionally is the season in which the demand for real estate increases which is a fact even now, in the midst of a global financial crisis. What is typical at this moment is the slower conclusion of deals, the more thorough research on the part of the buyers and the higher requirements on their part regarding the quality of the property and the services offered by the real estate agents.

Here is what the data of BULGARIAN PROPERTIES show regarding the demand of real estate in the capital Sofia for the period 15.09 - 15.10.2008 based on actual demand by potential clients.

82.4% of the potential clients are interested in residential properties in Sofia and the other 17.6% are looking for offices and commercial areas as the trend is this percentage to increase in the next couple of years.

• 29% of the potential clients are looking for a property in the southern quarters of Sofia as most preferred are the properties located along Bulgaria Boulevard and in the quarters of Buxton, Borovo, Boyana, Dragalevtsi, Vitosha and Pavlovo.

• 15.5% are looking for apartments in the center of the city which is the object of high demand.

• 13.2% are looking for residential properties as they do not have any preferences regarding the location and the parameters – what is most important to them is the price which shows that people continue to see the real estate as a profitable and low-risk investment.

• 11.2 % of the potential buyers are interested in buying apartments in the eastern quarters like Studentski Grad, Dianabad, Izgrev, Mladost, Slatina and Reduta.

• 9% are looking for apartments in the quarter of Lozenets as a large part of them are looking for luxury and amenities as a reflection to their social status.

• 4.5% prefer the western quarters as the indisputable leader is the quarter of Lyulin.

• 6.7% of the potential buyers are looking for offices.

• 5.5% are looking for shops, warehouses and commercial areas.

• 3.2% are looking to buy plots of land.

• 2.2% want to invest in other types of properties and properties close to Sofia.

This survey was carried out by BULGARIAN PROPERTIES based on actual demand for the period 15.09-15.10.2008.


View all our offers in Sofia

View our rent offers in Sofia


Share
Properties in Bansko
Buy your own property in the top ski resort of Bansko! An all-year-round resort suitable for winter and summer tourism with the best prices in Europe! Prices starting from as low as 10,000 Euros!
See More
Properties with 360-degree virtual tours
Feel the unique atmosphere of Bulgarian properties with the virtual tours we offer! At any time, with just one click, you can travel to your dream home, with no need for appointments and trips.

The virtual tours are taken personally by our team and are with guaranteed authenticity. We show you every detail of the property, just like being live in there!
See More

More News

latest news
Market trends in Bulgaria at the start of the new season

We are slowly returning to our normal everyday lives and the Bulgarian property market is experiencing a growing demand and a rising volume of deals after the corona virus lockdown.

Here are the present market trends which mark the start of a new beginning for the property market in Bulgaria:

🔵 Technology stays with us to help us in the new reality! We will ne...

19 May, 2020
Press & Media
SeeNews: Sofia's avg housing prices up 4.0% in Q1

The average selling price of residential properties in Bulgaria's capital Sofia increased by 4.0% on an annual comparison basis in the first quarter of 2020, local company Bulgarian Properties said.

The average price of dwellings in Sofia reached 1,120 euro ($1,219) per sq m in the first quarter, the realtor said in a quarterly property market analysis published last week.
...

11 May, 2020
latest news
Prices in Sofia increase with 4% in Q1 2020

High activity during the first 3 months of the year and acceleration of the price growth to about 4% on an annual basis. This is how the real estate market in the Bulgarian capital of Sofia developed until mid-March, when the state of emergency was introduced and many economic activities where put on hold.

Average Prices and Annual Change

In the first quarter of 2020...

08 May, 2020
latest news
The Sun: Bulgaria’s Sunny Beach hopes to welcome tourists by July

BRITS could return to Bulgaria's Sunny Beach as soon as July as the country reduces its lockdown measures.

To encourage tourists, beaches will also offer free loungers, sun beds and tables when they open again for business.

Bulgaria has managed to keep coronavirus cases relatively low - the country has reported just 1,704 infections, and 50 deaths.

A st...

07 May, 2020

REQUEST DETAILS