Once Again Rock Stars in Bulgaria’s Kavarna
Manowar, Slayer, Alice Cooper and In Flames will be the special guests of this year’s Kaliakra Rock Fest in the Black Sea town of Kavarna. This became known during the press conference organized on the occasion of the fest. The organizers of the three-day event which is to take place at the Kaliakra stadium in Kavarna are Joker Media in partnership with the Municipality of Kavarna.
The festival is to start on July 5th with a concert of the legendary band Manowar which brought together over 20,000 fans during the final concert of Kaliakra Rock Fest 2007.
On July 6th the shock-rock godfather Alice Cooper will electrify the fans. The fest will end on July 7th with a joint concert of the Swedes In Flames and the thrash metal masters Slayer.
”We expect about 35-40,000 people to come for the three days. I also expect this year tickets for the event to be sold in Romania as well,” said Kavarna Municipality Mayor Tsonko Tsonev during the press conference.
Kaliakra Rock Fest is being held for a third year and is considered to be one of the most important rock events on the Balkan Peninsula. In the last two years bands like Manowar, Motorhead, Heaven and Hell, Twisted Sister, Testament and Helloween have played before their fans in Kavarna.
The price of the three-day ticket is 90 BGN (about 45 EUR) as the fans will also be given the possibility to buy tickets separately for every concert as well.
The program of Kaliakra Rock Fest 2008 is as follows:
• Manowar and Alice Cooper – Kaliakra Stadium, Kavarna, 05 and 06.07.2008
• Manowar and Slayer + In Flames - Kaliakra Stadium, Kavarna, 05 and 07.07.2008
• Alice Cooper and Slayer + In Flames - Kaliakra Stadium, Kavarna, 06 and 07.07.2008
• Manowar, Holyhell, Sixth Sense - Kaliakra Stadium, Kavarna, 05.07.2008
• Alice Cooper - Kaliakra Stadium, Kavarna, 06.07.2008
• Slayer, In Flames - Kaliakra Stadium, Kavarna, 07.07.2008
View our offers in the area
read more articles