Categories of Agricultural Land in Bulgaria
When trading with agricultural land in Bulgaria the category of the land is always noted but not everyone knows what this category actually means. Agricultural land in Bulgaria falls into 10 categories (so called land productivity categories) according to the fertility of the soils, the climatic conditions, the relief and the landís technological qualities, its suitability for producing different kinds of plants and the imposed limitations for the landís use. The higher the grading, the better and more versatile the agricultural land is.
The ten arable land categories are defined as per the assessment of specific soil-climatic conditions in relation to the landís suitability for growing a specific set of crops. According to the division of agricultural land in Bulgaria the land placed in the first and second category is of the highest quality which gradually decreases as you reach the tenth category.
The categories are defined as per the average land productivity assessment* and are as follows (the maximum rating being 100):
1. first category Ė land with assessment over 90;
2. second category - land with assessment from 81 to 90;
3. third category - land with assessment from 71 to 80;
4. fourth category - land with assessment from 61 to 70;
5. fifth category - land with assessment from 51 to 60;
6. sixth category - land with assessment from 41 to 50;
7. seventh category - land with assessment from 31 to 40;
8. eighth category - land with assessment from 21 to 30;
9. ninth category - land with assessment from 11 to 20;
10. tenth category - land with assessment up to 10 inclusive.
What agricultural land buyers should bear in mind is that its price is formed on the basis of its category, i.e. a higher category means a higher price.
*Average land productivity assessment Ė average assessment of specific soil-climatic conditions in relation to the landís suitability for growing specific types of crops.
View our agricultural land offers
Copyright: 2011 Bulgarian Properties Ltd. All rights reserved. For further information or advice please contact us on tel.: +359 2 9 11 50 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The use of this article by third parties is allowed only with proper quotations of the source www.BulgarianProperties.com and the Author of the article. The data in this material has been collected by the Author and Bulgarian Properties Ltd. and is presented for information purposes only. We have made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the data. However, Bulgarian Properties Ltd. cannot be held responsible for loss or damage as a result of decisions made based on the information presented in this article.
© Bulgarian Properties Ltd. 2011.
read more articles